Watersports are a way of life on Anguilla, adding an element of excitement to any vacation. Below, we’ve put together a guide in the caribbean for the best things to do when planning a watersports-centric vacation on Anguilla!
Kayaking & Standup Paddleboarding
- Stand up paddleboarding and kayaking are leisurely yet invigorating watersports you can enjoy during your time on Anguilla. The sea caves along Anguilla’s coast are a common place to explore on kayaks and stand up paddleboarding.
- Liquid Glow offers day and nighttime kayaking tours; the night kayaking tours are particularly surreal, using transparent, glow in the dark kayaks. Anguilla Watersports offers lessons and rentals for stand up paddleboarding.
Sailing, Boating, Fishing, & Sunset Cruises
- Anguilla is home to a number of charters centered around boats. Tradition Sailing Charters is offers sailing lessons and charters so that you can partake in Anguilla’s national sport of sailing. It’s definitely one of the best watersports activities in the caribbean for things to dowhen vacation in Anguilla.
- Charters like Junior’s Glass Bottom Boat, Nature Boy, and Gotcha! Garfield’s Sea Tours will take you out on the water for sunset cruises, dolphin watching, bottom and deep sea fishing, snorkeling, and scuba diving. Anglers can catch fish species ranging from lady fish and snook to grouper, dorado, barracuda, and wahoo.
Snorkeling & Scuba Diving
- Snorkeling and scuba diving are immensely popular on Anguilla due to the warm, calm, and clear conditions of the Caribbean Sea around our island. Summertime is the ideal season for these activities, since the water is at its clearest visibility.
- As we mentioned, the charters above offer the best Anguilla snorkeling and scuba diving expeditions. Anguilla Watersports and Scuba Shack are two additional charter companies with rental and tour resources.
Other Activities On The Water
- Beyond the activities above, there are a variety of watersports you can try. Kiteboarding combines the exhilaration of surfing and sailing. Anguilla also has surprisingly excellent surfing conditions during the popular winter season, with rentals and services available with AXA Surf.
- Anguilla Watersports not only offers kiteboarding rentals and lessons, but they also operate the Aqua Park—the only floating obstacle course in the Caribbean. Get in touch with your inner child and conquer this uniquely challenging attraction during your vacation.
- Whether you choose Anguilla snorkeling or scuba diving, you’ll have an amazing time on Anguilla!